Giving to Calvary
Why Giving is Important
Sharing our resources with other Christians and those in need has been a central part of Christianity since the very first days of the early church. Part of our worship is expressed in giving back to the Lord from the income with which He has blessed us.
We often hear the expression “if this ministry’s been a blessing to you, we’d appreciate your support”. While this is certainly a logical response, our giving should be more than simply “paying for services”; our offerings are first to bless and honor God, and second to support and participate in the ministry of the gospel.
Gifts and donations to Calvary are used to further God’s kingdom in many ways. Support for the ministry enables our ongoing outreaches through:
- Free Bibles distributed throughout the Denver Metro Area
- Prison ministries, prison pen pal outreach, teaching materials for inmates
- Toys for deployed military families & kids at Denver Rescue Mission
- Cancer support before, after, during care & healing
- Support for local & foreign missions
- Financial aid for crisis situations
- Local street ministry to feed homeless
- Ministry outreaches of all sorts in Jesus name
- Support groups for addictions, grieving, divorce and other needs
- 89.7 GRACEfm Denver's Source for Worship & The Word
- Abounding Grace Radio Ministry outreach around the US
- Internet broadcasting and services
- Teaching CD’s and books offered at minimal or no cost
- Local ministry through men and women freed up to serve
- And SO MUCH MORE that Jesus is still revealing to us...
The Bible teaches that Christians should give (1) regularly, (2) from the first part of our earnings, (3) in proportion to our income, (4) cheerfully, and (5) freely, not as a result of compulsion or pressure.
You can support Calvary Aurora in a significant way by investing in God's plan for Calvary to reach thousands of people with the transforming message of God's Grace. By giving to Calvary, you become part of God's provision and an answer to prayer as you participate helping the Gospel go forward in our community. May the Lord continue to bless you as you invest His resources into His Kingdom.