Welcome to the Calvary Chapel Aurora Homeschool Ministry!
What a wonderful privilege and blessing it is to educate our children at home! Whether a veteran homeschooler, a brand new homeschooler, or even if you’re just considering the possibility, we believe that it is very important for each home schooling family to have a place where they can get involved with other families that have made the same choice in educating their children at home. Our group is a place where home schooling moms and children can encourage one another, grow in their relationships, and together provide opportunities to meet the unique needs of their families.
“…walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.” Eph 4:1-3
Is to provide a place for support and encouragement to parents called to home school their children. We are on a heart quest together… a quest to have our hearts molded by God to reflect His image, and a quest for nurturing our children’s heart toward Him. We also desire to see the hearts of our home school families knit together in the Lord, as we walk the same journey. This is a ministry and support group rolled into one. Jesus is the center of all we do.
“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your children.” Deut 6:5-7
We meet monthly from August through May
- Provides Monthly Teacher Meetings (Mom’s Night Out)
- Includes Monthly Educational Events and Activities For Our Children
- Includes weekly co-op classes beginning end of September and running thru end of April (with extended Thanksgiving/Christmas break)
Our Events & Activities…
“And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him. “ Colossians 3:17
Mom’s Night Out: The first Tuesday of each month (Aug-May), 7:00 PM at CCA
- (No childcare is provided this night, nursing babies only.)
- Consist of a Main Session, Small Groups, and Fellowship. Main session includes a devotional in God’s Word. Small groups provide ample opportunities to develop relationships among moms through discussion of night’s topic, how to apply to our lives, and praying for one another. Time at the end of the night is given for fellowship, as this is a vital form of encouragement too.
H2H Co-op Classes: Every Friday, 8:30am-12:30pm at CCA (Sept-Apr, with extended Thanksgiving/ Christmas break)
- The H2H Co-op offers families an opportunity to enrich their homeschooling experience. We offer 4 different classes for grades K-12. This is a cooperative effort of H2H parents.
- 2012-2013 Co-op Schedule will be released shortly, please check back for updates.
Kids’ Presentation Day: The 3rd Tuesday in Oct, Dec, Feb and April, 2:00 PM at CCA
Offers children the opportunity to prepare and share a presentation up to 3 minutes in length. It could be a memorized Bible passage, book report, essay, science project, playing of an instrument, etc. Sign-ups at Mom’s Night Out for that month.
Please note: Occasionally, Presentation Days are replaced with special events.
Special Note: While practicing with your children, please encourage your student to project their voice (so they can feel comfortable with it at home, and then be heard clearly on Presentation Day). We also ask that you help them practice with a timer.
We have at least 4 scheduled field trips each year. They are coordinated by a team of moms. Sign-ups will take place at Mom’s Night Out a month before field trips take place. Please respect deadlines, and honor your RSVP.
Spelling Bee, Geography Fair, Bible Bee, Science Fair, School pictures, Field Day, etc. See the H2H schedule for more information on the timing of these events.
Heart 2 Heart Forms:
How Do I get Involved?
- for more information